From Dundee Piano Tips
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Flats look like this: ♭ (like a tiny b).

On the piano, flats are black keys to the left of the white key with a similar name.

eg: B flat is the black key to the left of B, E flat is to the left of E, etc.

Note: the black keys may also be known by the name of their sharps.